Donate to ReForest London
Help support our programs and keep the forest in "The Forest City"!
ReForest London Newsletter
- Visiting community groups and schools to teach lessons about Native Trees, the Emerald Ash Borer, and the importance of trees
This is our basic introduction training for all volunteers who are interested in getting more involved with our organization. This training session familiarises you with our organization, our goals, and provides information on our volunteer opportunities. We also introduce you to native trees and how to plant them. We ask new volunteers to take this class before continuing on to other training sessions.
- ReForest London Orientation consists of one 1 hour classroom session.
- You do NOT need to take this Orientation to be able to participate in our Tree Planting and Aftercare events, it is only necessary for the volunteer roles listed below.
- Check out the Powerpoint Presentation before or after the training for more information.
At this training session we explain the 3 presentations we have created for Tree Teacher (Emerald Ash Borer, Native Trees for London and the Importance of Trees). We also talk about presentation skills and answering questions from the audience.
- Prerequisite: Please take ReForest London Orientation before attending this training
- Time Commitment: Tree Teacher training consists of one 1.5 hour classroom session.
- Our Expectations: If you become a Tree Teacher, we expect you to sign up for ONE shift a year (but feel free to do more)
- Good communication skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Ability to interact with strangers
- Enthusiasm about trees