Donate to ReForest London
Help support our programs and keep the forest in "The Forest City"!
ReForest London Newsletter
Tree Planting Ceremony
The 2017 Tree Planting Ceremony for the Celebration Forest, will be held on
Saturday, May 13th, 2017 at 1 pm.
Note: All orders must be placed on or before Sunday, April 23, 2017 to be included in the Saturday, May 13th, 2017 planting event.
Tree Gift planting takes place once per year in the Celebration Forest. The event begins with a brief ceremony to recognize Tree Gift Honourees, followed by a tree planting demonstration and then planting of Honouree trees. Volunteers and staff will be present to ensure that each tree is planted for those who are unable to attend the ceremony or plant their own tree. This event is open to all who wish to attend, and participation in the tree planting is encouraged. Watch Video
Ceremony and Tree Planting
- All trees will be planted on the day of the Tree Planting Ceremony by families and volunteers
- 2015 Tree Hero Award Presentation
- Names of the honourees will be read during the Ceremony
- Remarks from ReForest London and London Health Sciences Centre
- Brief demonstration on how to plant a tree, followed by tree planting
- Stay as long as you like to enjoy the event and plant additional trees. You may also leave after your tree is planted
- The event will close once all trees are planted
Come Plant Your Tree!
Attend the Tree Planting Ceremony and ReForest London staff or a volunteer can assist you with planting your tree.
Planting A Tree:
- Can be a healing experience to remember past loved ones
- Can be a celebration of new beginnings or joyous occasions
- Brings families, friends, and coworkers together in a meaningful way
- Helps the environment and your community
Visit the Celebration Forest
Over time, watch the Celebration Forest grow as a living legacy. The Celebration Forest is located behind Parkwood Hospital, and next to Westminster Ponds in the City of London. The Celebration Forest can be accessed by car, bike or foot on Western Counties Road. (view map)
Notification of the Tree Planting Ceremony
ReForest London will notify the Honouree or Family of the deceased of the tree gift and ceremony.
- Notification that a tree will be planted in Honour or in Memory at the Celebration Forest
- Your personal message included in either: A Greeting Card, E-Card, or Printable Certificate
- An invitation to the Tree Planting Ceremony, held in spring and conducted outdoors
Dedication Forest Signage and Online Dedication Registry
To retain the natural beauty of the Celebration Forest, individual trees are not marked or plaqued in any way. The Honouree names will be listed on our Dedication Forest signage, and listed perpetually on an online Dedication Registry.
What Types of Trees Will Be Planted?
ReForest London has developed a list of native tree species that are appropriate for the habitats surrounding the woodland at Westminster Ponds.
View Tree Species List
The Celebration Forest is an initiative of ReForest London in partnership with London Health Sciences Centre and St. Joseph’s Health Care London. The health-care organizations have designated this land to ReForest London for tree planting, as part of their ongoing commitment to the health of Southwestern Ontario’s people and the environment.
Questions? Contact Tree Gift Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-936-9548 x221 for assistance.