Donate to ReForest London
Help support our programs and keep the forest in "The Forest City"!
ReForest London Newsletter
Tree Planting Ceremony
During spring, ReForest London holds an annual dedication Tree Planting Ceremony, conducted outdoors at the Celebration Forest. The Ceremony will plant Trees in Celebration, Trees in Memory and Trees for Pets. Each tree will be a living legacy, that will grow stronger over time.
The Celebration Forest was established on May 29th, 2011 with a Tree Planting Ceremony, over 200 family and friends attended and helped to plant over 300 trees for loved ones. It was an emotional and positive event, and many people continue to visit the forest as a living legacy to their deceased and/or living friends, relatives and pets. We hope that the Celebration Forest becomes a constructive part of the mourning process. Watch Video
Join us at the 2013 Tree Planting Ceremony
Saturday, May 25th, 2013 from 1pm - 4pm
The Tree Planting Ceremony will take place at the scheduled date and time, Saturday, May 25th at 1pm. We look forward to seeing you there!
The Ceremony is open to all who wish to attend and attendees can even participate in the tree planting, if they wish. Volunteers from the community are encouraged to attend to help assist families with the planting of the trees. If you would like to order a tree for the 2013 spring planting, please place your order by Wednesday, May 12, 2013.
Ceremony and Tree Planting
- All trees will be planted on the day of the Tree Planting Ceremony by families and volunteers.
- 2013 Tree Hero Award Presentation
- Names of the honourees will be read during the Ceremony.
- Remarks from ReForest London and London Health Sciences Centre.
- Brief demonstration on how to plant a tree, followed by tree planting.
- Stay as long as you like to enjoy the event and plant additional trees. You may also leave after your tree is planted.
- The event will close once all trees are planted.
Come Plant Your Tree!
Attend the Tree Planting Ceremony and ReForest London staff or a volunteer can assist you with planting your tree.
Planting Your Tree:
- Can be a healing experience to remember past loved ones.
- Enjoy quality time together with family and friends.
- Meet new people, network and make new friends.
- Help the environment and your community.
A ReForest London volunteer will plant your tree if:
- You are unable to attend the Tree Planting Ceremony.
- You are not physically capable of planting the tree.
- You choose not to plant your tree.
Visit the Celebration Forest
Over time, watch your tree and the Celebration Forest grow as a living legacy. The Celebration Forest is located behind Parkwood Hospital, and next to Westminster Ponds in the city of London. The Celebration Forest can be accessed by car, bike or foot on Western Counties Road. (view map)
Notification of the Tree Planting Ceremony
ReForest London will notify the Honouree or Family of the deceased of the tree gift and ceremony.
- Notification that a tree will be planted in Honour or in Memory at the Celebration Forest.
- Your personal message included in either: A Greeting Card, E-Card, or Printable Certificate.
- An invitation to the Tree Planting Ceremony, held in spring and conducted outdoors.
Dedication Forest Signage and online Dedication Registry
To retain the natural beauty of the Celebration Forest, individual trees are not marked or plaqued in any way. The Honouree names will be listed on our Dedication Forest signage during the planting year, and listed perpetually on an online Dedication Registry.
What types of trees will be planted?
ReForest London has developed a native tree species list, but not limited to plants currently present and appropriate for the habitats surrounding the woodland at Westminster Ponds.
View Tree Species List
The Celebration Forest is a partnership with ReForest London, the London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC) and St Josephs Health Care (SJHC) and other partners with interests in Westminster Ponds lands. The healthcare organizations have pledged this land as part of their ongoing commitment to the health of southwestern Ontario's people and environment.
Ordering a Tree
Planting of a Memorial or Celebration tree may be ordered Online, or by Phoning Jessica Danard Tree Gift Coordinator at 519-936-9548 x 222.
Please contact us, should you have any questions about our Tree Gift program, Celebration Forest or Tree Planting Ceremony.