Donate to ReForest London
Help support our programs and keep the forest in "The Forest City"!
ReForest London Newsletter
The Neighbourhood Tree Blitz targets the least leafy areas of London. Volunteers go door-to-door with trees in a wagon and plant the trees on residential property directly. Tree Blitzer's aren't afraid to talk to new people and love planting trees. Tree Blitzer training familiarizes our volunteers with various native tree species, how to properly plant a tree and how to canvass. We want you to feel comfortable talking to residents about the value of trees and how to care for trees, and this training will prepare you for that role.
- Going door-to-door offering to plant trees on residential properties
- Assisting homeowners choose the correct tree that is appropriate for their yard
- Planting trees on the private property of homeowners
- Keeping track of houses visited
Assist with two shifts per year (or more).
Neighbourhood Tree Blitz Training (1.5 hour)
At this training you will be given an overview of Tree Blitzer duties, and ReForest London resources, as well as tips on engaging with neighbours and planning neighbourhood events. We discuss native tree species and how to properly select a tree for a yard as well.
- Time Commitment:This training consists of one 1.5 hour classroom training session.
- Our Expectations: If you become a Tree Bltizer, we expect you to assist at TWO events a year (but feel free to do more)
Experience with working with the public is an asset.
- Comfortable with talking to new people
- Able to keep good track of data
- Enthusiasm about trees
- Ability to walk for 2-3 hours