Donate to ReForest London
Help support our programs and keep the forest in "The Forest City"!
ReForest London Newsletter
Neighbourhood ReLeaf Canvass Lead
The Canvass Lead will be responsible for assisting with pre and post canvassing of neighbourhoods targeted by the Neighbourhood ReLeaf program. They will report to the Neighbourhood ReLeaf Coordinator.
The Canvass Lead will be primarily responsible for assisting with pre and post canvassing, but will have the opportunity to gain experience in other areas by assisting further with the Neighbourhood ReLeaf program should they choose.
- Lead volunteer canvass team 1-2 nights a week (minimum 1) in a pre-determined neighbourhood
- Coordinate with volunteers before canvass date to set up time, meeting location and game plan
- Ensure that appropriate and adequate materials are brought to canvass dates
- Organize maps before canvass date to choose most efficient route
- Canvass with team of volunteers
Five months spread over August 2016 – December 2017. The position will primarily consist of evenings.
- Leadership experience an asset
- Canvassing experience an asset
- Enjoys being outdoors and walking
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Flexible as dates can change based on volunteer sign up
- Excellent organizational skills
- Comfortable leading a group of people
- Comfortable interacting with home owners
- Ability to walk for 2 hours
- Valid Drivers’ Licence and access to vehicle an asset but not mandatory
- Knowledge of tree species an asset but not mandatory
Apply to Skylar Franke, Neighbourhood ReLeaf Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Canvass Lead”. Send your cover letter detailing how your skills, experience, and education fit with this position, along with your resume, in Word or PDF format. All applications will be received will be acknowledged with a reply email. However, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. Approximate start date is the second week of August, specific date is flexible. Interviews dates are yet to be specified. No phone calls please.