Donate to ReForest London
Help support our programs and keep the forest in "The Forest City"!
ReForest London Newsletter
ReForest London is frequently asked to attend community events to share information about our organization. Community Liaisons will be facilitating booths for ReForest London, passing on information to individuals who pass by about volunteer positions and participating in tree planting events. They also give away tree seedlings at our many events.
- Staffing a display of ReForest London
- Talking to individuals who visit the booth
- Encouraging people to sign up for our email list and get involved in tree planting events
3 hour shifts
Must attend two shifts a year (or more)
ReForest London Orientation Training (1 hour)
This is our basic introduction training for all volunteers who are interested in getting more involved with our organization. This training session familiarises you with our organization, our goals, and provides information on our volunteer opportunities. We also introduce you to native trees and how to plant them. We ask new volunteers to take this class before continuing on to other training sessions.
- ReForest London Orientation consists of one 1 hour classroom session.
- You do NOT need to take this Orientation to be able to participate in our Tree Planting and Aftercare events, it is only necessary for the volunteer roles listed below.
- Check out the Powerpoint Presentation before or after the training for more information.
Community Liaison Training (1 hour)
At this training session we explain the logistics of staffing our booths, an overview of our print and online resources, more about trees, their benefits, planting, and care, as well as tips on communicating with the public.
- Prerequisite: Please take ReForest London Orientation before attending this training
- Time Commitment: Community Liaison training consists of one 1 hour classroom session.
- Our Expectations: If you become a Community Liaison, we expect you to assist at TWO shifts a year (but feel free to do more)
- Check out the Powerpoint Presentation before or after the training for more information
No previous experience required.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to interact with members of the public
- Enthusiastic about trees
No other requirements needed.
Please fill out our volunteer application form and indicate “Community Liaison” as area of interest.