Donate to ReForest London
Help support our programs and keep the forest in "The Forest City"!
ReForest London Newsletter
Celebrate Canada's 150th by planting a tree
Photo Credit: Tourism London
What better way to celebrate Canada's 150th anniversary than by planting a tree? Canada is a country well known for it's beautiful landscapes and majestic forests, both rural and urban.
Urban trees are great for the environment as they help offset the effects of climate change, prevent soil erosion and act as carbon sinks. Urban forests also provide ecosystem habitats for wildlife, decrease air pollution and play a large role in urban water management.
By planting a tree in your neighbourhood, you are committing to keep Canada's urban forests strong. Street trees increase property values by as much as 20%, increase traffic safety, reduce utility bills and add beauty to the area.
Trees are part of Canada's natural heritage. Unfortunately we are losing lots of trees to threats such as the Emerald Ash Borer or development. Landowners can help keep London's urban forest healthy by planting a tree, donating to have one planted, or assist with tree planting events. Help keep London's urban forest growing for generations of Canadians to enjoy.
1. Plant a tree on your property
- Get a locally grown native tree
- Register your planted tree online. Every tree counts and we need you to help us reach the goal of one million trees.
Don't have space on your property to add a tree? We can help!
2. Donate and ReForest London will plant a tree on your behalf
will plant a tree in a public park
|$50||will plant a tree in a low-income neighbourhood||
|$400||will plant a shade tree in a schoolyard||
See other donation options here.
3. Volunteer at a tree planting.
- If you are unable to plant a tree on your property, or donate to have a tree planted, you can help us plant trees in London. A full list of our upcoming plantings will be made available in spring 2016.
- No experience necessary. We will provide trianing and equipment on site.